Well, you’ve made it this far. I guess I should tell you a bit about myself.
I’ve been learning and practicing photography for over 10 years now. Originally I went to The University of Mississippi for a computer science degree, but ended up with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design and a minor in English. All throughout school I took photography classes but I never thought I’d end up being a photographer… I figured I’d be designing t-shirts or logos for the rest of my days. *I still do design work, so hit me up if you need something. =p
After school, I worked for a few magazines here and there doing design work and photographing everything from sports to fashion boutiques. This time gave me a chance to learn the ins and outs of photography and grow as a person from an introverted nerdy dude to an outgoing introverted nerdy dude. I still need my days of hiding from people, but who doesn’t? Anyway, to fast forward a bit, I took some time off from the grind of the creative life and went back to my Alma Matter to work for the Department of Art & Art History for a few years. During my time there, I met up with a super talented local photographer, Danny Klimetz, who was searching for some help in the wedding photography business. The next thing I know, I’m quitting my job with the university and pursuing photography full time.
• ArtFields • Lake City, SC, 2018, "Beginning"
• ArtFields • Lake City, SC, 2017, "Return"
• ArtFields • Lake City, SC, 2016, "What the Kudzu Hides"
• UM Department of Art & Art History Faculty Show • Southside Art Gallery, Oxford, MS, 2016.
• Solo show: “@Night”, Bry Art Gallery, University of Louisiana Monroe, 2016
• Fifth Annual Exposure Award • Musée du Louvre, Paris, France, 2015. “Fend Off the Night” was displayed as part of a digital display at the Louvre celebrating The Exposure Award on July 13th, 2015.
• New Faculty/Staff Exhibition, Gallery 130, Oxford, MS, 2015.
• ArtFields • Lake City, SC, 2015, "Fend Off the Night"